On 06/08/2015 03:52 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Given what you wrote about the impact of making CMP0011 required, I've
> instead documented all policies <= CMP0011 as deprecated for 3.3, making
> them fair-game for 3.4.

Sorry, but that schedule is way too aggressive since we've never removed
policies before.  There may be unforeseen problems with enforcing these
policy settings.  There could still be code paths that never set the
minimum required version of CMake and therefore never set the policy
to NEW.

Any refactoring that depends on removing support for OLD behavior
needs to wait until after a release or two have removed it.  We need
to retain the possibility to revert the removal if major problems
arise.  I don't want the fallback to be "re-implement post-refactoring"
because typically this may be revealed during a release candidate
cycle.

Also, no mention of this decision can be made in 3.3 because we are
already past the deadline for that release.