On 3/29/2016 5:34 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
In any case, whatever the issue is, Arjen appears (so far) to have
found a reliable reproducer with the -j option for ctest.  So I hope
others here try the -j option for ctest on MinGW-w64/MSYS2 platforms
for their favorite projects to get a better idea of how widespread
this issue is.
I would recommend building ctest with debug. Then running it with -j and then use gdb to figure out where it is stuck. Until we know exactly where it is stuck, the rest is pure speculation....

-Bill