On 04.04.2016 18:38, Nils Gladitz wrote:
On 04.04.2016 17:59, Dmitry Ivanov wrote:

PS. Can we do something about bloated cmake ninja generator ? in our case cmake generates 1.8 Mb Makefile and 84 Mb build.ninja, though ninja is still faster than make even in this case.

Curious. Did you count the accumulative size of all Makefile and Makefile2 files (also in sub-directories)? For a project of mine the ninja files are only half in size of what is generated for the Makefile generator (CMake 3.5.1).

Oh and the Makefile generator also uses build.make files which actually seem to be where most of the size goes.

Nils