From: Brad King [mailto:brad.k...@kitware.com]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 1:30 PM
To: Robert Goulet <robert.gou...@autodesk.com>
Cc: cmake-developers@cmake.org
Subject: Re: [cmake-developers] VS custom commands with VS variable containing
space in executable path?

On 08/26/2016 12:43 PM, Robert Goulet wrote:
>       COMMAND "$(WindowsSdkDir)/bin/x64/makecert.exe"
>
> So how do we setup a custom command that uses a Visual Studio variable
> that requires to be quoted to preserve spaces?

I don't think it is supported.  You could try adding a wrapper around the call
so that it appears as an argument instead of in the command.

  COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E env "$(WindowsSdkDir)/bin/x64/makecert.exe" ...

OTOH you're trying to pierce CMake's abstract model of a command (which is why
it's not supported).  Instead you could find_program the tools you need and
reference them by absolute path.