Hi,

Currently I'm investigating possibilities of downloading files from private S3 bucket using CMake. The only real issue I see for now is the computing of HMAC + SHA1. This look like a work for some new cryptographic module in family of 'string' functions similar to 'string(MD5|SHA1|...)'. So if we are talking about new command 'string(HMAC SHA1)' what will be the right path to implement it? I took a brief look at hashing functions and it seems that it was not using OpenSSL (what I was thinking before). Will it be okay if CMake will optionally depend on OpenSSL? Or other third party crypto library?

Also I know that it's possible to use Query String Request Authentication. It means I can create URL with key and signature in query part first, then put it into file(DOWNLOAD) command. However HMAC + SHA1 in CMake itself offer more opportunities and sounds more solid for me.

Thoughts?

Ruslo