> IIUC this refers to:
> * http://fastbuild.org
> * https://github.com/fastbuild/fastbuild

Yes, exactly.

>From a quick glance the main problem I see is that it doesn't follow
the Makefile/Ninja generator model of organizing the generator code
into a per-target generator.

OK, so I need to make use of these.

>We can do high-level reviews here first.
Alright then.

>Please make every commit properly formatted (with clang-format) rather
than formatting after-the-fact.

I actually remembered about the clang-format thread just before writing the
first email, so I thought I should just quickly ut everything to format.

>If you've made substantial non-formatting changes from the original
>version please record yourself as the author and add a trailer to
>the commit message
I squashed everything into a big commit to make things easier for me, and
completely forgot about proper attribution of the work, so I'll squash all
of Josh's commits into one, and all of mine into another and make sure
those are correctly formatted.

To sum up, what I have to do now is:
* squash commits and format those for proper attribuation
* refactor to have a cmFastbuildTargetGenerator that inherits
cmCommonTargetGenerator
* get the tests to pass

I guess before it gets fully integrated into CMake 100% test pass is
mandatory, but is linux/mac support mandatory also ?
Fastbuild does support those platforms, but the generator so far does not
work as well (or at all) on those platforms.

Best,
Charles