On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Brad King <brad.k...@kitware.com> wrote:
> On 09/27/2016 11:28 AM, Florent Castelli wrote:
>> Is there any plan on having their toolchain in CMake directly at some point?
>
> No.  Their toolchain files are designed to be loaded from the NDK.  They
> compute things relative to their own location and are meant to know exactly
> what is there.
>
> The whole point of a toolchain file is supposed to be to have information
> about
> the local machine that CMake can't know in general.  They aren't supposed to
> be
> these huge files with tables of information common to the target platform and
> full of system introspection logic.  CMake now has those tables so the
> toolchain
> files don't have to.
>
> With CMake 3.7 you shouldn't actually need a toolchain file from the NDK.
> In fact for simple cases you don't even need a toolchain file at all.

Brad, do you have a guide or walkthrough for the new CMake integration
features of 3.7 that I can read? I'm actively developing using CMake +
NDK and it's incredibly difficult to keep takanome's android-cmake
toolchain file functional for newer versions of the NDK (specifically
r11 and r12).

Would love to see a tutorial on how it works for an out-of-the-box NDK
setup. I'm not sure how much CMake has hard-coded the location of
prebuilt toolchains and such on the NDK. As you pointed out, the
toolchain is supposed to point to this stuff. Does CMake just need the
ANDROID_NDK environment variable?

Thanks in advance!!