Any project that isn't setting cmake_minimum_required before calling
project is invoking deprecated behavior of CMake, and is ignoring
Policy CMP0000 (
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.4/policy/CMP0000.html#policy:CMP0000
).

Basically my recommendation is if a project isn't setting
cmake_minimum_required before the first project call than nothing you
can do will fix that, as it is an error.