On 01/26/2017 10:45 AM, Tobias Hunger wrote:

Hello CMake developers,

I have been using Qt Creator extensively with cmake server-mode for a
while now and am very happy with the results so far. Once the project
is initially configured by cmake it is really nice.

Today I started to look into a bug report that creator behaves
horribly when not all the dependencies of a project are available. In
that case the UI behaves entirely wrong (I just pushed a patch to
improve that on the Creator side into code review).

The root cause seems to be that during configure run CMake just
vanishes. Creator reports back that it crashed. I can unfortunately
not reproduce that problem with any of the CMakeLists.txt files I have
handy, so I am a bit lost at what to do.

Does any of you cmake experts have an idea what might go wrong? I
thought that maybe a MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR ...) is triggered, causing
cmake server to terminate or something similar. Unfortunately that
does not seem to trigger the server to die for me:-/

I haven't really looked into server mode yet but for something that should crash cmake (server or otherwise):

    function(foo)
        foo()
    endfunction()

    foo()