On 02/13/2017 10:00 AM, Giel van Schijndel wrote:
> I've written it as a reStructuredText document here [2].
> [2]:
> https://gitlab.kitware.com/muggenhor/cmake/blob/ctest-alt-dir/Help/ctest_alt_dir.rst

Thanks for the nice write-up!

>From the doc:

> generate a relative path from the CTestTestfile.cmake to that target. Not an
> absolute one.

I don't recall whether CTest currently defines behavior for a relative path
found in an add_test call within a CTestTestfile.cmake.  We will need to
check and define behavior as needed.  Such a change would be something to
do in a preparatory step.

> SUBDIRS(${CTEST_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY})

Yes, we'll need exactly one of these when at least one test used the
CTEST_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY property.  IIUC, tests without that property
will just stay in the CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR's CTestTestfile.