Feladó: Chuck Atkins
Elküldve: 2017. május 3., szerda 20:12
Címzett: CMake Developers
Tárgy: [cmake-developers] Proposed Feature: automatic search prefixes forfind
modules

Brad and I discussed this a few years ago but nothing really came of it.
Working through several find modules today, I saw many common patterns for this
and realized it should be pretty easy to implement, so here it is:
Allow the variables ENV{PackageName_ROOT} and PackageName_ROOT to be used as
initial search prefixes for al find_{file,path,library,program} commands
executed from within a find module.

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/796
Specifying the search prefix is a very common pattern, especially when the
utility is not setup in your path, and prevents the need to explicitly set the
location of all the various headers and libraries for a module when you can
just specify a prefix to use.

Thoughts? Good Idea?  Bad idea?  Good, but do it differently?  Undecided?
Thanks
- Chuck