On 2017-07-25 15:00-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

I was hoping some CMake developer here could remember a fairly recent
language support infrastructure change in the run-up to 3.9.0 that is
likely causing this issue, and better yet could immediately think of
the Java language support changes that would need to be made to be
consistent with that hypothesized language support infrastructure
change.  But if nobody gets back to me on that question soon, then I
will go ahead and do a git bisect to help find the commit where the
Java language support issue first showed up.

Oops.

I discovered during the initial stages of that git bisect process that
3.8.0-rc4 is bad while 3.7.2 is good when using the latest git master
branch version of PLplot. That result surprised me (since I do recall
testing 3.8.0-rc4/ without issues), So my testing of 3.8.0-rc4 may not
have included java or some PLplot change between that test and now may
be affecting this good/bad result (although I think that is fairly
unlikely because I don't recall any specific java-related PLplot
changes during that period),

Anyhow, I am now bisecting between CMake 3.7.2 and 3.8.0-rc4 using a consistent PLplot version (the tip of our master branch) that is quite
well tested for CMake-3.7.2.  And if anyone here is attempting to
remember relevant language support changes, you should be thinking
about the period between 3.7.2 and 3.8.0-rc4.

More later on those git bisect results when that process is completed.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

Linux-powered Science