On 8/17/2017 12:11 PM, Eric Wing wrote:
Oddly, I don't have any direct experience with FLTK even though I've
known about it for years. The projects I get involved with usually
need a lot more native UI integration, so FLTK is never on the list.
And I personally prefer native UI experience.  But for something small
like the CMake GUI, it wouldn't bother me as much. That said, it
sounds like this is not a rewrite, so I guess the conversation is
moot.
CMake originally had an FLTK GUI it was dropped for the Qt one. :) This happened around the time Qt changed licenses. I am not that interested in dropping Qt for something else at this point. Computers have big disks/memory so the bloat does not bother me that much. There are folks maintaining the Qt cmake-gui and there seems to be enough Qt knowledge around to keep that going.

-Bill