Hi,

On AIX, when building MongoC 1.11, cmake 3.11.4 generates lib*.so files and
lib*.a files which contain .o files.

On AIX, we should get libraries lib*.a containing the lib*.so file.

I've tried to use:

    -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON              \
    -DBUILD_STATIC_LIBS=OFF \
    -DCMAKE_C_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY=ON  \
    -DCMAKE_CXX_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY=ON
and I see that, for MariaDB, someone has tried with:

    -DDISABLE_SHARED=OFF

None seems to work.

Which CMake variable should I use for asking CMAKE to generate shared libraries
rather than static ones: lib*.a file containing .so files rather than .o files.

Thanks

Cordialement,

Tony Reix

tony.r...@atos.net

ATOS / Bull SAS
ATOS Expert
IBM Coop Architect & Technical Leader
Office : +33 (0) 4 76 29 72 67
1 rue de Provence - 38432 Échirolles - France
www.atos.net<https://mail.ad.bull.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=PvphmPvCZkGrAgHVnWGsdMcDKgzl_dEIsM6rX0g4u4v8V81YffzBGkWrtQeAXNovd3ttkJL8JIc.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.atos.net%2f>