A lot of projects that use CMake already have a `./cmake` directory, I
would think `./cmake/init.json` would fit nicer as opposed to the hidden
directory. I'm not a fan of hidden directories in software projects anyway.

I would prefer an init file be written as a CMake file instead of JSON.
JSON is nice because it plays well with GUIs, but I think using CMake
syntax will function better if the file ever needs to be a bit more
complicated.