On 04/02/2019 10:10, Robert Sawko wrote:
I couldn't find a dedicated bug tracker for cmake modules.

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/

It's the same bug tracker as for the rest of CMake, since it's all a single codebase. If you put "FindBoost: " as the prefix of the issue title, and maybe add me as the assignee, I'll see it that way.

I am happy to get involved in the maintenance, but would probably need a
guiding hand.

That's absolutely fine and would certainly be appreciated by me and the other people who work on FindBoost. If you open a merge request, we'll be happy to review it and make any suggestions for how it could be improved if you're new to working on it (I certainly benefit from and appreciate the advice and suggestions of people more experienced than myself with CMake details).

Originally, I've written up my issue on SO originally, but had no
response:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54205073/boost-root-not-respected-at-link-stage-after-cmake-config

This does seem odd. It should be using absolute paths to the libraries. Which version of CMake are you using? I notice the minimum version is very old (2.8). Have you tried a current 3.x release which will have a newer version of FindBoost which will also support imported targets like "Boost::program_options"?

As an example, this is what I get locally (with cmake 3.12) in CMakeCache.txt:

//Boost program_options library (debug)
Boost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_program_options.so

//Boost program_options library (release)
Boost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_program_options.so

That will result in unambiguous linker options being passed. You /should/ be seeing something similar, which is why I questioned the version of CMake you were using.

Kind regards,
Roger