Hello,
I am working on the AIX port of the CMake. Something exists, but a large part
is done using some flags, typically -expall and -G. These flag force AIX build
chain to be more similar than Linux (e.g. use .so while AIX use .a).
Unfortunately, this solution has side effect and means no any software
compiling on AIX using CMake will work on the standard AIX way.
I am trying to educate CMake to work better on AIX (in a first time I focus on
GCC). I change the 'CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SUFFIX' to ".a" and I adapt the
'CMAKE_${lang}_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY' to create first .so and then use 'ar' to
create .a. It works.
However, a problem appears during linking: CMake transform -l and -L flag to
direct link. So, it searches e.g. '../libMyLib.a' and I want '-L.. -lMyLib'.
This puts a relative path to the executable (I see it with the 'dump' command),
that is not the expected comportment. Do you know how to change this
comportment ?
Finally, I have huge troubles with 'dlopen'. In AIX, all symbols are not
exported by default, export all makes side effect, and we need to export and
import symbols to correctly use a shared library imported this way. I do not
find a way to make import/export automatically. As I know, libtools or
configure mix a two passes compilation and some flag manually added.
Thanks,
Etienne Guesnet.