Alexander Neundorf wrote:
Von: Brad King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Of course, that is a simple solution. Each of those files should set a variable to indicate it has been loaded. I'll make this change. The
:-) How about platform-id's everywhere ? E.g. NETBSD, OPENBSD, IRIX etc. ?

Yes, these should be set too.

After investigating the places that things like WIN32, UNIX, and BORLAND are set I've decided to wait to discuss this with Bill. We need to design a standard way for these to be set in order to account for future cross-compling support (possibly with separate host/target settings). I don't want to implement it one way now and change it in a week and break your code that uses the first way.

Basically there needs to be a mapping from C pre-processor definitions to CMake variables for known platforms and compilers. Then anything that can be tested from the preprocessor can be tested from CMake. You can accomplish these tests in a few cases now by just doing a TRY_RUN with the appropriate source containing preprocessor tests.

-Brad