Filipe Sousa wrote:
Now that cmake has EXECUTE_PROCESS command, should we use this instead
of EXEC_PROGRAM?

If you want.  It is much more powerful.  I'll add this to the documentation.

I notice that both commands captures output in a different way:
[snip]
EXECUTE_PROCESS does not remove the last \n (\r\n on Windows) like
EXEC_PROGRAM. Is this the desired behavior for EXECUTE_PROCESS or do I
have to

IF(WIN32)
  STRING(REPLACE "\r\n" "" output2 "${output2}")
ELSE(WIN32)
  STRING(REPLACE "\n" "" output2 "${output2}")
ENDIF(WIN32)

I'll update the command to provide an option for whether the newlines should be fixed.

-Brad