Martin Baumann wrote:
I use the MinGW-version available to download. It comes with gcc 3.4.2. Hmmm...

I had similar problems with other Utilities, just as you said. With your advice I could make it!
Now there are errors linking 'Filtering':

Linking CXX shared library ../bin/libvtkFiltering.dll
CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/vtkCellLocator.obj(.text$_ZN11vtkIntArray11InsertValueEii[vtkIntArray::InsertValue(int, int)]+0x1b):vtkCellLocator.cxx: undefined reference to `vtkDataArrayTemplate<int>::InsertValue(int, int)'

Please take this question back to the VTK list. It is not a CMake problem. I suggest you post the output of

make VERBOSE=1

there.

Thanks,
-Brad