Carlos Capdepon wrote:
What I have to do to my CMakeLists.txt files to have this tree:
/build
/build/bin
/build/lib
And names of the debug and release files are equal but adding a "d" in the names of debug files.

You can change the names, but you cannot remove the per-configuration subdirectory right now. In CVS CMake and the upcoming 2.4 release you can set the "DEBUG_POSTFIX" target property on the files. See the documentation of the SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES command for details, but the short-hand is

SET(CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX "d")
ADD_LIBRARY(...)
ADD_EXECUTABLE(...)

You can setup the install rules to install without the per-configuration subdirectory, but currently it is not possible to change this in the build tree. It may not be too hard to implement, but someone will have to investigate it. You can submit a feature request here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

Please also send me the resulting bug number.

Thanks,
-Brad