Christian Lang wrote:
Alexander Neundorf schrieb:
my first problem is solved: To link against "foo/libbar.a", the link line options "-Lfoo -lbar" are produced. This works. But what if for some reason I do not want to use it this way, but want to directly specify "foo/libbar.a" at the link line (as I tried in the first place)? Is this possible?

You can specify the full path to libbar.a

Ok, but if I specify - for instance - "/path/foo/libbar.a" (TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES), cmake transforms it to "-L/path/foo -lbar" at the link line ...

That's because on most platforms passing the full path to a static library causes the linker to copy the entire archive instead of just the objects needed. CMake splits the path into -L and -l to avoid this problem, but it also computes a safe link directory order to make sure the library is found at the location specified. It warns if no safe order exists.

-Brad