How can I make a file depend on a target? I have a lexer SILEX.EXE that I generate. I need other files to depend on the existence of SILEX.EXE, so that I can lex and create new output. It seems like target-depends-on-target is dealt with, and file-depends-on-file, and even target-depends-on-file. But not file-depends-on-target.

My current headscratching code:

EXE_C_TARGET(silex) # Generates silex.c from silex.scm
ADD_EXECUTABLE(silex ${Chicken_BINARY_DIR}/silex.c)
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(silex PROPERTIES COMPILE_FLAGS "${STATIC_FLAGS}")
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(silex libchicken-static)

ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(
 OUTPUT ${Chicken_BINARY_DIR}/easyffi.l.silex
 MAIN_DEPENDENCY ${Chicken_SOURCE_DIR}/easyffi.l
 DEPENDS silex
COMMAND silex ${Chicken_SOURCE_DIR}/easyffi.l ${Chicken_BINARY_DIR}/easyffi.l.silex
)

ADD_FILE_DEPENDENCIES(${Chicken_BINARY_DIR}/easyffi.c
 ${Chicken_BINARY_DIR}/easyffi.l.silex
)

It seems that "DEPENDS silex" will not refer to the SILEX.EXE target. Rather, it thinks it's an ordinary file level dependency.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every