Hi,

Recently a bug fix was made to VS.Net 2003 generator to allow source files with the same.

The fix was to specify an ObjectFile for each and every source file, so that they would be guaranteed to be unique.

Unfortunately, even with CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE set to FALSE, what you end up with now is the following:

Compiling...
stringutils_test.cpp
Compiling...
operations_test.cpp
Compiling...
path_test.cpp
Compiling...
main.cpp
Compiling...
convert.cpp

Visual studio is so dumb that it just has to print out "Compiling..." before each and every file that has an ObjectFile specified.  It really gets in the way and makes it harder to see what is currently being compiled.

I know it is just a nitpick, but I really wish I knew how to get rid of those "Compiling..." lines.

One solution would be to alter cmake to only specify ObjectFile for source files that actually have conflicting name.  But that may be harder to implement.

I would much rather just find a way to make VS.Net stop printing them out.  It seems like VS.Net is the one being dumb.  Any ideas...?

Phillip