Brad King wrote:
Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
I have investigated, and I'm not convinced that the -ldl is coming from my code. My code is:

CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE(dl.h HAVE_DL_H)
IF(HAVE_DL_H)
  ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DHAVE_DL_H)
  SET(EXTRA_LIBS ${EXTRA_LIBS} ldl)
ENDIF(HAVE_DL_H)

There is no dl.h on any hard drive of my system. Which is to be expected, as it's a Linux thing. I think the -ldl more likely from building CMake 2.4.2 on Cygwin incorrectly. I will await your canonical version and see if the problem goes away.

What does HAVE_DL_H say in your cache?

//Have include dl.h
HAVE_DL_H:INTERNAL=

If you remove the entry manually from the file does it come back with "yes"?

When I run ccmake again, it comes back with exactly the same thing.

To be very sure of the conclusion, I comment out the entire CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE sequence.
Now there is no way for my code to be inserting a -ldl.  It still shows up.

Linking C shared library libchicken.dll
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find
-ldl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libchicken.dll] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/libchicken.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm inclined to believe that the CMake 2.4.2 build on Cygwin has an error in it somewhere.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every