Steve Johns wrote:
I'm wondering, could someone kindly explain the relationship between the .vcproj and .vcproj.cmake files (in the MSVC build environment)?

I understand that the .vcproj is the actual project file as used by the MSVC IDE, but what is the purpose of the .vcproj.cmake file (which I notice is created, generally, with a later timestamp)?

BTW, comparing these two files, they are the same in the directory I'm looking at. Is this always the case?

The .cmake version is an implementation detail of getting VS to re-run CMake at the proper time to regenerate projects.

-Brad