Brad King wrote:

I've just added it to the FAQ:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Does_CMake_support_.22convenience.22_libraries.3F

Note that KDE used to use convenience libraries and is doing just fine without them. They were really a hack in auto* because those tools did not support source files from a different directory when convenience libraries were first created.

-Brad

Thanks, ok but, sorry to be thick, how do I reference a symbol defined in CMakeLists.txt in another directory for a list of source files?

e.g. in lib/graph/CMakeLists.txt I have:
SET(graph_SRCS attribs.c agxbuf.c edge.c graph.c graphio.c lexer.c node.c parser.c refstr.c trie.c
   )
and I want to expand this in lib/gvc/CMakeLists.txt

John