I am in the process of emulating the autotools STDC_HEADERS macro which does the following:
# Specifically, this macro checks for stdlib.h', stdarg.h', # string.h', and float.h'; if the system has those, it probably # has the rest of the ANSI C header files. This macro also checks # whether string.h' declares memchr' (and thus presumably the # other mem' functions), whether stdlib.h' declare free' (and # thus presumably malloc' and other related functions), and whether # the ctype.h' macros work on characters with the high bit set, as # ANSI C requires. I want to store the result of the tests in one cached variable, STDC_HEADERS. So far, I am using CHECK_INCLUDE_FILES, and a couple of instances of CHECK_PROTOTYPE_EXISTS (taken from the KDE CheckPrototypeExists.cmake since apparently cmake does not have this module yet). Is there a way to re-use STDC_HEADERS for these different tests or do I have to pollute the cache with a bunch of different variables (STDC_HEADERS1, STDC_HEADERS2,....) from all the required tests and store the AND of them as STDC_HEADERS? Alan __________________________ Alan W. Irwin Astronomical research affiliation with Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Victoria (astrowww.phys.uvic.ca). Programming affiliations with the FreeEOS equation-of-state implementation for stellar interiors (freeeos.sf.net); PLplot scientific plotting software package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project (lbproject.sf.net). __________________________ Linux-powered Science __________________________ _______________________________________________ CMake mailing list [email protected] http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
