Recently, in an MS VC++ 7.1 (.NET 2003) build prepared using CMake, I've had a problem with the application finding a config file that it needs to read at startup. Even though I placed the file in the app's startup dir (i.e. 'blahblah/Debug', when debugging ) the app was not finding the file. This despite the fact that when the app was run outside the IDE (e.g. simply from a command window) it always found the file (in the startup dir) without a problem.

Ultimately it was found that manually setting the 'Working Directory' property (in the property pane) for the ALL_BUILD target to 'blahblah/Debug' would enable the config file to be found.

Note: setting the 'Working Directory' property for the single project that creates the application executable DID NOT work.

So, now my question is:

What can I do in CMake, or in CMakeLists.txt files, to set that (debugging) 'Working Directory' property for the ALL_BUILD target automatically as part of the CMake build process?

Thanks kindly to anyone who can shed some light on this for me ...


_______________________________________________
CMake mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake

Reply via email to