Mike Jackson wrote: > I am trying to create a Top level Cmakelists.txt file to build my > project. My project is laid out kinda like vtk in that we have > subfolders with base libraries to be built in a specific order. > > I have the first few lines in this top level cmake file to be: > > > SUBDIRS ( > Fox/Core > Fox/Views > Fox > ) > > So I run cmake on the top level directory and I get some errors that say: > > CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set, > and cmake can not find them. > Please set the following variables: > FOXCORE_LIBRARY > FOXVIEW_LIBRARY > > > All those are libraries that are built during the build process so of > course with a clean build cmake can not find them because they are not > built yet. So, how do I tell cmake that those libraries will be there?
You don't need to find libraries built by CMake in the same project. Just reference them by their logical target name: # Fox/Core/CMakeLists.txt ADD_LIBRARY(FoxCore ...) # Fox/CMakeLists.txt ADD_EXECUTABLE(Fox ...) TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(Fox FoxCore) -Brad _______________________________________________ CMake mailing list [email protected] http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
