Brad King wrote:

William A. Hoffman wrote:
At 03:20 PM 9/8/2006, Warren Turkal wrote:
On Friday 08 September 2006 13:11, you wrote:
#ifdef FOO
use abc
#else
use xyz
#endif
That's exactly the type of thing causing the problems.
Brad, how hard do you think it would be to run the fortran stuff
through cpp with the same -I and -D flags that we are sending to the compiler? Then run it by the parser we already have.

It might work.  Will cpp be available on all the platforms that have a
fortran compiler?

Most Fortran compilers have something of the kind, but it is not standard.
The code as presented is therefore not standard-compliant and will not compile
correctly on all platforms. But given that, compilation would fail anyhow if
the compiler does not support cpp-directives.

In other words; you do not have to worry about cpp availability.

Regards,

Arjen