One hack you could do is this....

Run CMake once on the project. Then grep for GUID in the CMakeCache.txt for the project.
You will get a bunch of stuff like this:

DumpDocumentation_GUID_CMAKE:INTERNAL=608A20C3-74D8-44BF-AD76-E758979D6DD2

You can do two things with those values.

1. you can create an initial CMakeCache.txt file, and copy this into any binary directory that you want
to run cmake on.
2. You can convert them to SET commands and add them to the top of your project.
like this:
SET(DumpDocumentation_GUID_CMAKE 608A20C3-74D8-44BF-AD76-E758979D6DD2 CACHE INTERNAL "GUID value")

You should not need to modify the cmake source for either of these solutions.

-Bill

Great! I will revert back the changes in the source code and implement the second solution which is perfect. I just have to change the macro body.

Thanks a lot for this Bill !