Mehdi Rabah wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to cmake, and there's something simple I don't know how to do.
Here what I wrote in CMakeLists.txt so far:

project(test)
subdirs(src)

and in src directory I have another CMakeLists.txt :

add_executable(testApp Applications/testApp.cpp)

and what I want is that the compilation result of testApp.cpp goes into the ./bin directory, but by default it goes into ./src

from the 2.4.5 docs:
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(source_dir [binary_dir] [EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL])

You want:

PROJECT(test)
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(src bin)

Also, in src I have a lot of temporary files (cmake_install.cmake, CMakeFiles, ...), how can I avoid having this in my subdirectories ?

Do an out-of-directory build. Then your src tree is never polluted by anything.

Should I write one only CMakeLists.txt in the root directory ?

If your project is very simple, yes.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every