Guys,

I must have to give the CMake authors and visionaries a slap on the back for a job well done. I'm a Linux guy who's done software development exclusively on Unix systems for the past 15 years. (I've always stayed away from windows for many reasons...) Today marks a big milestone for this ol' dog. Using CMake, and subversion, it was almost trivial for me to take code which I developed on my Linux desktop and get it up and running on my windows systems I have running under VMWare using Visual studio 2005. All I had to do was do a commit to my subversion repository from my Linux system, then do a checkout onto my windows system, run CMake and then build using visual studio. And
the code built and ran great. This is very very impressive!

Steve.