On 2007-03-02 12:19-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

So how does Fortran (and C, and C++) avoid the TRY_COMPILE infinite
recursion?  Whatever it is, I have obviously missed it for my experimental
Ada language support or some core change needs to be made to CMake itself.

Another possibility is there is some fundamental difference between the
first and second forms of TRY_COMPILE so that the second form avoids the
infinite recursion while the first one does not.  An earlier version of
my Ada support simply did a compile test with gcc -c with the second
TRY_COMPILE form, and that did not have the infinite recursion problem
encountered when I attempt to use the first form of TRY_COMPILE with
a full compile+bind+link test with gnatmake.

Anyhow, with the gnatmake test, the first form of TRY_COMPILE is required,
and so far I have not been able to figure out how to avoid the infinite
TRY_COMPILE issue with that form.  Thus, I would really appreciate an
answer for how that issue is avoided for the second TRY_COMPILE form
for C, C++, Fortran, and a compile-only Ada test.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).