On 3/24/07, E. Wing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The SDL_LIBRARY_TEMP solution comes from something I think Bill
suggested to me. It seemed to work cleaner than the above solutions,
but I overlooked the fact that SDL_LIBRARY_TEMP must be set before
SDL_LIBRARY is created. Still, all-in-all, I think this still an
improvement over the above stuff. Maybe we need to rename the _TEMP
part so it is more clear, or at least document this.

I agree.

The issue I see at the moment is that setting SDL_LIBRARY_TEMP is
not required by CMakeSetup. So you can finish the "configure" step
without setting SDL_LIBRARY_TEMP. But if you do so it will not compile
under Windows. So this should not happen.

So the options to me are:

- initialize SDL_LIBRARY_TEMP with the SDLMAIN_LIBRARY path (removing the
libsdlmain.a)
- create a SDL_LIBRARIES_PATH variable to be set with CMakeSetup
- create a SDL_LIBRARY to be set by the user and a SDL_LIBRARY_FLAGS
replacing the
 current SDL_LIBRARY

What do you think?
--