On Jun 5, 2007, at 10:19 AM, Joachim Zettler wrote:

Thx...now its running just fine. I had to change the build directory :)

Now there is only the cmake thing left. Is it possible to tell eclipse that it should start cmake prior to starting the make process?

I am not finding an option to automatically run cmake prior to every build. After you have properly setup an "External Tool" to run cmake from within Eclipse this becomes less of a need. I the early stages when first creating the CMakeLists.txt file constantly selecting the "Run->External Tool->Cmake" is a pain, but as your project stabilizes this becomes less of an issue. You might be able to write shell script that runs cmake, then make and then invoke that script instead of mingw32-make -C Build/

And what about the release and debug versions. Is there an eclipse switch to change it quickly? (I know this might be a little bit off- topic)

Cmake handles Debug and Release differently than other systems. Basically you want to setup 2 build trees in your project, Say Build- Debug and Build-Release (Or just Debug and Release). I think in Eclipse 3.2 + CDT 3.1.2 you will have to manually switch the make command between each of the build folders to get the desired effect. In the newer versions of Eclipse (3.3RC2) CDT 4.0RC2 I think there is better support for configurations for Makefile projects. So basically you can setup a Debug configuration and point make to the "Debug" directory and a Release configuration and point the make command for that configuration to the "Release" directory. Let us know how things progress.

I wrote most of the CMake/Eclipse wiki Entry and will update it with MinGW information if you have anything to add. I am updating the wiki entry at the moment to make things easier to find.

Mike Jackson

Thank you very much already.

Joachim

2007/6/5, Eric Noulard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
2007/6/5, Joachim Zettler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi, here is the error i get in eclipse.
>
> Maybe it has to do with the "all" but i am absolutely not shure what this is
> :(
> Concerning cmake at all. If you execute mingw32-make -f Makefile directly > from the command line in the build directory then everything is working just
> fine and the project is compiled.

Then you should indicates to eclipse external tools
that the "working directory" should be "build".

You should be able to change the "Build Directory"

--
Erk