On 6/13/07, Jesper Eskilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2007/6/13, Brandon Van Every <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> But why don't you just ship your users a dynamic lib?  As far as I
> know, there are no restrictions on dynamic libs including static libs.

That is an alternative, but it requires a non-trivial amount of work,
testing, documentation fixes etc., which I'd prefer not to embark on
at the moment.

I take it you have no infrastructure for dynamic libs at all in your
code then?  Because if you did, like all your declspecs and so forth,
it's pretty easy to add in CMake.  Really the only gotcha is if your
shared and static library names collide, then you need to deal with
the CLEAN_DIRECT_OUTPUT stuff, as per the docs.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every