On 7/13/07, Yegor Yefremov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When the command will happen is determined by which of the following is
specified:

  PRE_BUILD - run before all other dependencies
  PRE_LINK - run after other dependencies
  POST_BUILD - run after the target has been built

It is only said when the command will happen and not where to place
the statement in the CMakeLists.txt. I interpret this as if I define
PRE_LINK or PRE_BUILD then the cmake will evaluate this properly.
It should be also mentioned in the documentation or CMake should throw
warning.

I agree that when the TARGET for an ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND is not yet
defined, CMake should throw a warning.  Make a feature request.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug .

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every