Zitat von Axel Roebel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
So in short: if you intend to be portable with the current
and the upcoming version of cmake
better don't use VERSION and don't use EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL.

So what? Xcode and Cygwin Makefiles generators are broken, that's no reason for me to not use the stuff that works with all others.

On MacOS X, you can probably use plain Makefiles instead?
Maybe it would be helpful to state somewhere the current state of the various generators, some may still be pre-beta.

On Windows, cygwin is by far the worst choice, possibly introducing slow dependencies. I suggest using Mingw Makefiles or MSys Makefiles (both are _much_ faster) instead or go for MSVC.

Not using VERSION property is not a good choice. Some systems that do not know about SONAME (which ones?) may need it to be able to use/install multiple versions of a library at the same time.

HS

PS: if it's not a generator that's broken, then it may as well be the make implementation or a strange concept of an IDE. And if that all works, you'll always hit messy compilers ;)