doing exacly that was exactly the reason I wrote here...
in my first email of this trhread you will see the problems doing that

Philip Lowman wrote:
Alex Dantart wrote:
Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Alex Dantart wrote:
Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Any reason you aren't using a pre-compiled binary?
where can i find a pre-compiled binary >2.4.2 for ubuntu ? I can't !
http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html ??
WHERE ?!?!?!
no binnaries for ubuntu there !!
the .sh just decompress the same that tarball :P

The CMake team does not attempt to package Linux binaries for every
Linux distribution, they leave this to the distributions themselves.

The precompiled binaries they distribute will most likely work on your
distribution just fine.

Just run the "cmake" binary in the tarball that was uncompressed:

$ cd /path/to/build/dir
$ /path/to/cmake-2.4.7-Linux-i386/bin/cmake /path/to/source/dir

Any builds you configure will use the CMake that you downloaded (so
don't move it after you untar it otherwise your builds will break) :)