Juan Sanchez wrote:
I just added a source file to the list of sources in my library and now
it is recompiling every source file in that library.  I don't feel
rebuilding the other source files is necessary and I'd like a way to
tell cmake to trust me and that any object files I have are still good.
Either that is a bug, or a compiler flag has changed. CMake should only rebuild object files if the source (including headers) for that file changes, or if the flags used to compile that object
file changes.

make -d can be used to figure out why make is rebuilding the object files.

-Bill