Dizzy wrote:
Thanks for the idea. I could use as a workarround configure_file() in some way or another but then I still need one more issue solved. How to escape "${variable}" strings in a input to configure_file() so that it doesn't try to do variable replacement on the placeholder? (this should be a general available feature, people would probably need to escape variable placeholders in other situations than mine). Example: I had an almost similar problem where "${variable}" from the Makefile were replaced by their value by the running "make" but I didnt wanted to so I had to use $${variable}. Is there something similar?

You shouldn't have to do any escaping. Use

CONFIGURE_FILE(${SOURCEFILE} ${DESTFILE} COPYONLY)

-- Jack