On Friday 14 September 2007 20:09:14 Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> "Mathieu Malaterre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > How about:
> >
> >  CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR
>
> What does that say on i686? i486 or i686? What I want is the
> architecture, not the specific cpu we currently run on.

It does not seem to be what you want. You can do it with cmake if cmake would
offer such a thing or you could do it in your own sources (and thus be more
general and not depend on cmake). Of course doing in your own sources means
dealing with compiler specific macros for the various platforms. Also if my
mind serves well, a lot of projects (popular ones too) require some -D
compiler parameter (they specifically require the user compiling the program
to do -DLINUX or -DMSDOS and such). So you could too move this decision up to
the user if you cannot deduce it yourself using "uname -m" and equivalents
(if the current platform does not offer them).

--
Mihai RUSU                                      Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GPG : http://dizzy.roedu.net/dizzy-gpg.txt      WWW: http://dizzy.roedu.net