I guess you'd have to come up with a way of renaming each object file
with a prefix special to each original archive.  The "v" option (GNU ar)
will tell you the name object being extracted.  Maybe you can use an
external script to automate the process of renaming the files as they
are being extracted.

Even with Brandon's solution, I don't think ar let you add multiple .o
files of the same name in the archive.  The symbols of the first .o file
will get replaced by the symbols of the second .o file to be added.

Juan

--
Juan Sanchez
[EMAIL PROTECTED]