Hi Alexander,

> > 1. this looks strange to me
> >     <useglobaltypes>
> >       <type ext="ui" />
> >       <type ext="cpp" />
> >       <type ext="h" />
> >     </useglobaltypes>
> > 2.       <group pattern="*.ui" name="Qt Designer files" />   ???
>
> Do the two points above give you any problems in kdevelop or are they
> just "looking strange" if you inspect the project file directly ?

Yap. They look strange if you inspect the project file. I have not seen any
side effect in kdevelop yet.

> > 3. It is necessary to call the project Fortran77? Can you call it just
> > Fortran?
>
> I took this from a kdevelop-generated project, I guess it must be called
> this way.
> Andreas ?

It has to be Fortran77. I have checked that. With Fortran kdevelop would
complain.

> > 4. <hidepatterns>*.o,*.lo,CVS,*~,cmake*</hidepatterns> Can you add svn?
>
> Isn't this ".svn", which means it should already be hidden ?
It is. my mistake.

> > 5. to the fortran list of extension .fpp, .FOR, .FTN,  .FPP, .ftn should
> > be added
> The extensions used in the project file are the extensions listed in
> Modules/CMakeFortranCompiler.cmake.in. I guess cmake doesn't handle fortran
> files with the listed extensions.
> These are also generic fortran source file extensions or are they something
> special ?
They are source files extensions for different flavours of fortran. They
should be added just for completeness. A developer today probably would not
even use them.

Alin

"...if the universities will not study useless subjects, who will?"
                           G. F. Fitzgerald, Nature, 45/46, 392 (1892)
Mr. Alin M. ELENA
Atomistic Simulation Centre
School of Mathematics and Physics
Queen's University Belfast