Hi

I am a new user and have problem building
the Cmake example (http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Examples.html) for MSVC .NET 2003.
Whenever I am running CMAKESetup and trying to configure the
project, I run into this kind of messages:

#############################

Microsoft (R) Development Environment  Version 7.10.3077.
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2001. All rights reserved.
------ Build started: Project: cmTryCompileExec, Configuration: Debug Win32
------
Building Custom Rule
C:/OU/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeLists.txt
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_INIT=cl
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_LIST=cl
CMAKE_C_COMPILER=C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003/Vc7/bin/cl.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003/Vc7/bin/cl.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003/Vc7/bin/cl.exe -- broken
CMake Error: The C compiler "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003/Vc7/bin/cl.exe" is not able to compile a simple test program.
It fails with the following output:

Microsoft (R) Development Environment  Version 7.10.3077.
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2001. All rights reserved.
------ Build started: Project: cmTryCompileExec, Configuration: Debug Win32
------
cmTryCompileExec : warning PRJ0009 : Build log could not be opened for writing.
Make sure that the file is not open by another process and is not
write-protected.
cmTryCompileExec : error PRJ0020 : Tool 'C/C++', Property 'Object File Name'
contains invalid file name 'cmTryCompileExec.dir\Debug\testCCompiler.c'.
cmTryCompileExec : error PRJ0005 : Unable to create a temporary file in
directory
'c:\Ou\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec.dir\Debug'.

Build log was saved at
"file://c:\Ou\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec.dir\Debug\BuildL"

cmTryCompileExec - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)  #############################
Similar situation happens if I try to compile anohter library.
"cl.exe" is in place and is working fine. I searched the message archive and
found similar situations but they are not a solution for my problem.Thanks for
you help
Farid Arvani