Hi,

I'm porting (or trying to) a custom build system to CMake.
Following Boost we generate .libs whose names reflect configurarion properties. To keep it simple, say we generate "foo_release.lib" and "foo_debug-lib". I was able to get those names right by setting the <CONFIG>-OUTPUT-NAME target properties, but I still have a problem: I don't want them in "Release" and "Debug" folders (there is no need for that since the configuration is in the name).

Looking at "cmLocalVisualStudio7Generator.cxx" it seems I'm plain out of luck since "OutputDirectory" is forcibly defined as the configuration name, so

1) Can the VisualStudio generator be fixed to define that as LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY if defined?

2) What can I do now? Can I plug in a post build event to copy the generated .lib to the right folder? Or do I need to handle it as an install rule? (and force my users to do "make install" in the end even for in-source builds)

TIA

--
Fernando Cacciola
SciSoft