On 2007-12-12 17:17+0100 Tristan Carel wrote:

On Dec 12, 2007 12:33 AM, Alan W. Irwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
Tristan, if you decide to create a patch for UseSwig.cmake that does all
that for the java case, I would be happy to test it.  However, if it is
possible to solve the original gratuitous C rebuild issue for the java
interface case without compiling the java files, then that might greatly
reduce the changes you have to do for UseSwig.cmake.

As we can't get the exact list of generated files by swig, we won't
try to guess it, so won't try to build them too :)

I have added an entry at CMake BT:
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=6151

The patch is sensibly different from the previous one: it mainly
remove the spurious entry
SET(SWIG_JAVA_EXTRA_FILE_EXTENSION "JNI.java" ".java")

It fixes unecessary rebuilds, whatever the language target.

I just tried your latest patch for UseSWIG.cmake, and indeed it works fine
(original build is fine and redoing make does not rebuild anything) with
PLplot if I add

set_source_files_properties(plplotjavac.i PROPERTIES SWIG_MODULE_NAME plplotjavac
)

for the java case

and

set_source_files_properties(plplotcmodule.i PROPERTIES SWIG_MODULE_NAME plplotc
)

for the python case.  Thanks a lot for figuring out this unnecessary rebuild
issue for swig with such a minimalistic patch!

I don't have CVS write access on the modules repository. I will ask Bill
for it.

Good move.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin