On Jan 3, 2008, at 11:25 AM, Sean McBride wrote:

Additionally, is it normal that the items installed (files and folders)
have file owner and group both as 501?  My user id is not 501.

This is an error in the initial packaging. Since OS X PackageMaker uses tar (basically) for its archive all the user ids and permissions are left over from whomever did the packaging. When I did this sort of thing I usually ran a post build script that set all the permissions, user and group ids to what was expected, THEN ran packagemaker on the result directory tree.

--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson & gmail * com